The School’s Mission Statement
Through a nurturing culture Wootton-by-Woodstock Church of England (Aided) Primary School aims to:
- Inspire creativity, foster spiritual growth, engender respect and cultivate responsibility.
- Provide a happy, safe and caring environment for learning where everyone is valued for their own individual talents and personality;
- Deliver a high quality personalised education across a broad curriculum that celebrates individuality, secures emotional stability, and enables physical development, health awareness and intellectual fulfilment.
- Present in particular, opportunities for children to develop an appreciation of the arts and the environment.
- Be a learning community that provides development opportunities for pupils, parents, staff, governors and students.
- Be an active establishment at the heart of village life.
- Attain maximum performance in statutory tests
- Achieve high standards of behaviour
In view of the Church Foundation of the School, we also seek to:
- Develop a strong ethos based on our key Christian values, but without exerting pressure to believe.
- Seek to ensure that all those associated with the School can feel at ease with the church; to have knowledge and understanding of the Christian faith and to feel comfortable in exploring and expressing their own religious beliefs.
- Develop in our pupils an understanding of, and respect for, other major world faiths.
- Welcome all children from the neighbourhood irrespective of religion or belief, race, nationality, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, ability or disability, opinion or family background.